StackSync is an open-source scalable Personal Cloud that can adapt to the necessities of organizations. It puts a special emphasis on security by encrypting data on the client side before it is sent to the server.
Multiple storage backends:
- OpenStack Swift
- Amazon S3
- FTP, WebDAV, etc.
Above all, preserving users privacy:
- Unlike most solutions, data is encrypted in your device with AES-256.
- Nobody will ever access your files without your consent.
- Access encrypted content from the most popular systems.
- On-premise. Data and metadata are stored on the organization’s infrastructure.
- Public. Data and metadata are stored on a public cloud provider.
- Hybrid. Metadata is kept safely on premise whereas data is stored on a public cloud.
- Unlike other open-source solutions, StackSync can accommodate large amounts of users.
- Data replication to multiple nodes powered by OpenStack Swift.
- Check out our paper describing StackSync and comparing it with ownCloud.